Tuesday, June 9, 2009

a few house updates

So last weekend we did a LOT of work on the house. Got rid of that wretched wall that separated the dining room/den/living room and completely changed it to an awesome & spacious living room. The fire place is going to be re-done in either austin stone or dry stack. The beams on the ceiling will be replaced with cedar or knotty pine... as well as all the trim. Bodie wants like 3 or 4 inch wide, raw wood trim.. Also, on sides of the new opening will be the stone he chooses for the fire place and on the top where that big header was put will be covered in whatever wood he decides to go with on all the other stuff. i think it will look totally rustic and he's got such great ideas. First picture is my injury the weekend before last. I was at lowes getting some metal dry wall corners and as i was throwing it into the back of the truck it sliced my finger open. I didn't think much of it because I had to get to my moms house, eat steak and rush to graham to meet bodie and his dad with the supplies. So I wrapped my finger in a kleenex and when I got to my moms house she pretty much turned me around and drove me to the hospital. I was dripping blood everywhere! It was pretty gross but I really didn't feel it. It just stung a little and was uncomfortable. LUCKILY they just did that glue stitch thing.. I was so glad my mom was there to hold my hand! I'm such a baby!

















I'M SO PROUD!










No comments:

Post a Comment